Contact Us

Building & Construction Permits

It can be difficult to locate the proper permits for building and construction. That’s why when you want to build in Wood County, the Development office is here, and ready to assist. Here are a few of the permits you might need to get you started:


Wood County Building Permit Application
Video Lottery Application
Wireless Communication Tower Application
Salvage Yard Application
Floodplain Development Permit Application


Zoning Permit Application- City of Parkersburg

Can be obtained in the Building and Zoning Office on the 4th floor of the City Municipal Building. Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the applicable code, or to cause any such work to be done, shall obtain a building permit before the work has begun.

MUST BRING: Photo ID, site plans and Business license (if commercial). For more information, click here.

Parkersburg Zoning Map


Business License- Hawker/Peddler Vendor, City of Vienna
Business and Occupation Tax Return, City of Vienna
Building Permit, City of Vienna– Please visit the City Building front office located at 609 29th St, Vienna, WV 26105

Scroll Up